Duration: 6-12+ Months contract
This Systems Engineer role will be focused on data insight and asset management of our IT configuration items. This includes application support, integrations, and maintenance, as well as research, development, and implementation of new solutions.
- Assist in the implementation of hardware asset lifecycle management – will require knowledge of device management systems used – JAMF/SCCM/SNOW.
- Create reports/dashboards to analyze the performance of IT systems and services.
- Gathering data and formulating remediation plans around security compliance.
- Analyze trends in support incidents/request to guide decisions
? Assist end-users with procedural workflow issues in regards to information systems.
- Perform troubleshooting as required. As such, lead problem-solving efforts often involving other IT staff, outside vendors, other support personnel, and organizations.
- Assist in the management of projects.
- Assist the systems engineers in the maintenance of core systems.
- Look for ways to improve infrastructure, enterprise, and business applications.
- Create integrations with third-party applications and APIs, where needed, to add functionality to applications.
- Work with IT staff in the development of applicable directives and procedures, including escalation and incident response plans.
- Assess change requirements and manage change events effectively per defined change management procedures.
- Write scripts and programs as needed using appropriate programming languages.
- Work with a variety of operating systems, including Windows, Mac, Linux.
- Familiarity with the following tools: FileVault2, Bitlocker, JAMF PRO, SCCM, ServiceNow, Intune, Tanium.
- Ability to follow instructions and processes with minimal instruction.
- Ability to work after hours and weekends, on occasion, in the event of event system outages or special deployment projects.
- Must be able to use own personal vehicle and drive between local campus locations within assigned area.
- Ability to lift and or move various equipment up to 50bs